Equality and diversity
Treating people fairly is fundamental to all we do
We value the diversity of the nurses and midwives on our register, our staff and the wider community we serve. Our passion and drive is for this diversity to be reflected in everything we do.
Through our equality objectives we aim to demonstrate how we provide equality of opportunity in all areas of our work.
Like other public bodies, the Nursing and Midwifery Council must meet the requirements of the Public Sector Equality Duty, one of these requirements is to publish our equality objectives.
Our equality objectives are
- Embedding diversity - we will further embed diversity in the delivery of our statutory functions.
- Leadership - our leaders will continue to actively champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Governance - we establish effective governance processes to support the delivery of equality and inclusion.
- Staff - our staff will work in an environment where they are treated with dignity, fairness and respect.
- Service delivery - we will continue to deliver quality services relevant to the needs of a diverse community.
Our equality objectives action plan [PDF] explains what we are doing to promote all the equality groups including age, disability, gender, gender assignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy, race, religion or belief, and sexual orientation.
Equality and Diversity Annual Report
Equality and Diversity Annual Report 2013-2014 [PDF]
Equality and Diversity Annual Report 2013-2014 Cymraeg [PDF]
Equality and Diversity Annual Report 2012-2013 [PDF]
Equality and Diversity Annual Report 2012-2013 Cymraeg [PDF]
The values we promote
Equality and diversity data for the register as of July 2011 , responses have been received from 286,190 out of 665,545 registrants, or 43%
About The Equality Act 2010 and Public Sector Equality Duty
Common questions about equality and diversity