Our vision, mission and values
A summary of our activities, and the way we carry them out
In order to meet the challenges which lie ahead, the way we work is changing. We are committed to realising a set of goals by 2014.
Find out more about our strategic vision.
To safeguard the public by ensuring nurses and midwives consistently deliver high quality healthcare.
The Nursing and Midwifery Council exists to safeguard the health and wellbeing of the public. We do this by maintaining a register of nurses and midwives, setting standards for education and practice, and giving guidance to the professions. We aim to inspire confidence by ensuring that the nurses and midwives on our register are fit to practise and by dealing swiftly and fairly with those who are not.
We are accountable
- We act in the best interests of people who use or need the services of nurses and midwives.
- We take responsibility for our actions and are open and transparent.
We are fair
- We act with integrity and can be trusted to use our powers responsibly.
- We are consistent in the way we deal with people and show consideration and understanding.
We are professional
- We are known for our expertise and work to high standards in all we do.
- We look for innovative solutions and learn from our mistakes.
We are progressive
- We provide strategic direction and lead the way in modern healthcare regulation.
- We build and maintain networks and work in partnership with others to fulfil our aims.
We are inclusive
- We respect and value everyone for their contribution, celebrate peoples’ differences and provide equality of opportunity for all.
- We consult, encourage feedback, listen, and respond to our stakeholders.
Created date :
Modified date :