Freedom of information
How to get information from the NMC
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOI Act), we have adopted the Model Publication Scheme introduced by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). This means that we have a legal committment to provide the following types of information:
- who we are and what we do
- what we spend and how we spend it
- what are our priorities and how are we doing
- how we make decisions
- our policies and procedures
- lists and registers
- the services we offer.
For more information, please see the Model Publication Scheme on the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website [PDF].
We have also adopted the Health Regulators Definition Document which can be viewed on the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website [PDF].
Most of the information listed in the definition document is freely available under relevant sections of the NMC website. If the information you require is not available on the website, please complete the FOI request form below.
We will provide information unless:
- we do not hold the information
- the information is exempt under one of the FOI exemptions or Environmental Information Regulations (EIRs) exceptions, or its release is prohibited under another statute
- the information is archived, out of date or otherwise inaccessible
- it would be impractical or resource-intensive to prepare the material for routine release.
Information Commissioner's Office
The Information Commissioner's Office has delivered three decision notices in relation to freedom of information requests for information relating to fitness to practise cases where the outcome was that the Investigating Committee closed the case with a 'no case to answer' decision.
Before making a freedom of information request for similar information, members of the public may wish to read the Information Commissioner's decision notices - FS50180310 15 October 2008; FS50169734 24 November 2008; FS50276047 18 October 2010 - which are available on their website.
Freedom of Information (FOI) Act: Request form
FOI complaints procedure
Freedom of Information FAQs
Freedom of Information disclosure log
Go to our Data protection page for personal information requests. Information held about an individual is covered by the Data Protection Act 1998.
Created date :
Modified date :