Supervisors of midwives roadshow
For Supervisors of midwives and student Supervisors of midwives
We hold a series of roadshows which explore recommendations from the NMC document; Supervision, support and safety, update on Fitness to practise processes, best practice for supervisory investigations and assuring the NMC that supervision is of a high quality. Booking is fast and easy, follow the Book Now link below to attend a roadshow event.
Our Supervisors of Midwives roadshows continue to be very popular and well attended. The themes we explore during the event include:
- The regulator’s role in the supervision of midwives – a brief history and where we are now
- Midwifery education and practice – including pre-registration standards for midwifery education and the Midwives in Teaching Project (MINT)
- EU Regulation - freedom of movement versus protection of women and babies and how the NMC are responding
- Review of Midwives rules and standards – update on progress of the review
- Midwives exemptions – update on revised legislation
- Revalidation – update on progress of the review of revalidation
- Guidance on raising and escalating concerns – further information about the resources available to support nurses and midwives in raising concerns
- Safeguarding adults - further information about the resources available to raise awareness of safeguarding adults
During the event we run a workshop on decision making in difficult situations using some senarios. This session always sparks some lively debate! As well as being a chance to meet NMC midwifery advisers, these events are also a great way to network with other SoMs and student SoMs.
What delegates have said about these events:
“Enjoyable day. Presented in an easy atmosphere. Made what could have been a dry subject informative and thought provoking”.
“Have just commenced supervisors module. Today has been enlightening, thought provoking and eventful. Networking has also been very useful”.
“It was great to have a face to the NMC. To meet the midwifery advisers makes it easier and more inclined that I would be willing to contact for advice”.
See presentations from our previous Supervisors of Midwives roadshows
17 January, Cardiff | 9 February, Leeds | 20 March, Belfast
Created date :
Modified date :