Trained in the UK
Information for UK graduates on joining the register
If you have recently qualified as a nurse or midwife in the UK, you can register with us by simply completing and returning your application form and paying the £100 fee.
Visit the online payment page and follow the prompts to pay your fee.
You will be sent an application pack once we have received your course completion details from the Higher Education Institute (HEI). This pack will take 7-10 working days to reach you by post. The HEI will also send us a declaration of good health and good character, therefore it is important that your HEI has up-to-date records of your personal details.
Please make sure your application form is completed correctly. Remember to check that:
- your student Pin is entered correctly
- your course details are entered correctly
- your clearly state which part of register you are applying for
- your personal details are correct
- your HEI has the same details for you as you tell us - it can delay your registration if we have to check this
- you pay the correct amount, and remember to sign the cheque
- you send your cheque and forms together
- you complete and send the declaration of good health and good character with everything else.
It is important that you apply to register within five years of your course completion date.
What happens next?
Once we have received all your details, your registration will be completed in 2-10 working days. You will receive a statement of entry 7-10 days after you are registered.
Sometimes, applications can take a little longer, and if you have not heard anything within three weeks, please call us.
Recording and registering other qualifications
All subsequent entries of registered qualifications cost £23. This includes enrolled nurses who have current registration and who have subsequently completed conversion courses.
The fee for recording a qualification is £25. There are three entries eligible for recording. They are:
- Specialist practitioners who have completed courses that we set standards for
- Nurse prescribers, although there is no charge for V100s only
Created date :
Modified date :