Claiming tax relief on your registration fee

If you are a UK taxpayer, you can claim tax relief on your annual registration fees.

If you are a UK taxpayer, you can claim tax relief on your annual registration fees.

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) allows individuals to claim tax relief on professional subscriptions or fees which have to be paid in order to carry out a job. Registration fees paid to us are included in this category.

At the present, you are eligible for £24 tax relief on the annual registration fee of £120, if you are a basic rate UK taxpayer.

Nurses and midwives are also able to claim for professional subscriptions to professional bodies and trade unions, laundering of their uniforms (if their employer does not provide them with free laundry facilities or cleaning vouchers) and for tights and shoes purchased as part of their uniform.

You can only claim tax relief via the HMRC. It is not a process we are able to undertake for you.

A survey we conducted in March 2014 found that 70 percent of nurses and midwives were not claiming tax relief. Only 50 percent were aware they could claim it.

Non-UK taxpayers are not eligible for tax relief.

How to claim tax relief

If you don’t fill in a personal tax return yourself, you can get tax relief by contacting the HMRC via:

• Letter
• Phone

See the How to get allowances and reliefs on the HMRC website for full details of each method.

If you fill in a personal tax return, you can claim for tax relief on the employment page of the return.

Please see the HMRC website for details of the time limits for receiving tax relief on payments in previous years.

HMRC does not normally require written confirmation from us of the payments you have made. However we are happy to provide your payment history over the phone on 020 7333 9333.

Created date :
Modified date :