Getting onto a course

Finding an NMC approved course and getting funding

Finding a course

To work as a nurse or midwife, you must pass an NMC approved course at a higher education institution (HEI) in pre-registration nursing and midwifery, leading to registration with the NMC.

Use our nursing and midwifery courses database to look for courses by location, institution or qualification. Search NMC approved courses

Information for international student nurses can be found on the UK Council for International Student Affairs website.

Funding and financial support

The NHS provides funding for students who are UK residents to cover their tuition fees. 

To find out if your course is funded by the NHS, please contact the relevant Higher Education Institution (HEI).

The NHS also provides bursaries for students to help with living costs. For more information, and to see if you are eligible, see the NHS Business Services Authority website.

Council tax

Once you are on a course, you may also be eligible for a discount on your council tax - contact your local council to find out more.

Created date :
Modified date :